What Are The Seven Essential Steps in An Annual Performance Review Meeting?
It's possible to divide up the annual performance review meeting into a number of steps. All of them are important and should be included, or else the employee appraisal meeting becomes less effective. Here's seven essential steps you can follow in the performance appraisal meeting.
- Warm up and clarify expectations and roles for the meeting.
- Describe and review the main job tasks and responsibilities.
- Elicit input from the employee.
- Discuss and negotiate.
- Engage in performance improvement problem-solving.
- Decide on what to record and document.
- Finish and plan for follow-up.