Training, Employee Development, Performance Improvement and Performance Management
Employee training and development activities are intended to improve performance. Unfortunately, most training and development activities fail in this respect because they are thrown at problems that are ill-defined are improperly identified.
Since the point of both training and development is to improve performance, it makes sense to use them together, so that the performance management process ends up telling you what kinds of training and development will be most effective in any given situation. That's what we'll cover in this section - how to integrate performance management techniques and training and employee development strategies.
General Questions About Training & Development
- Why Does Training Often Fail?
- Is There A Difference Between Training & Development?
- What Is Menu Or Grab-Bag Training And Why Does It Fail?
- Can You Provide An Example of How
Not To Set Up Training?
Planning Training and Performance Management
- What's The Relationships Between Individual Training Plans and Performance Management?
- What's The Relationship Between Corporate Training Plans and Performance Management?