How Can I Make the Best Use of Perfect Phrases for Setting Performance Goals : Hundreds of Ready-to-Use Goals for Any Performance Plan or Review?
Performance Phrases for Setting Performance Goals - Hundreds of Ready-to_Use Goals for Any Performance Plan or Review was written to help managers set goals and objectives with employees during the performance planning process. It's important to note that no book can provide goals and objectives specific to a particular job function. Or, rather the goals and objectives will tend to be more general than is ideal.
So, the thing to remember is that the goals and objectives in Perfect Phrases for Setting Performance Goals, are best used as a starting point for developing more specific objectives with your individual employee. In other words, no book is a substitute for thinking and communicating, and the more you rely on some cookie-cutter approach the less effective your goal setting will be.
The book itself is broken down into sections as follows:
- performance goals for any positions
- performance goals for general management responsibilities
- performance goals for specific industries and jobs
The latter section is, by far the largest, and contains the most specific performance goals.
There are a number of ways to use the goals. You may want to consider asking the employee to review the most relevant sections of the book to identify goals and objectives that fit his or her job. This can be done prior to any face-to-face performance planning meeting. Then, at the face-to-face meeting you and the employee can go over the goals he or she has identified, decide which are the most important for that employee, and then modify, improve or customize them to fit.
Of course, there's other ways to do it but the important thing is to use the phrases in Perfect Phrases For Setting Performance Goals as the starting point.
- Busy? We walk you through the complete process of managing performance, from goal setting to addressing performance problems and discipline issues. Contains ALL our help cards, and here's a sneak peak: Walk the path WITH employees.
- Well, we do. Here's a low cost mini-guide FOR EMPLOYEES so they can be active participants in a truly collaborative performance review.
- Well, you can't, so this short LearnByte guides explains how to identify barriers to employee performance, in order to clear them away. Diagnosing is the key to productivity improvement.
- Ok. Now you can have a reusable checklist so you don't miss any of the critical steps needed to succeed with your employee reviews.
- Save huge amounts of time and frustration during performance review meetings, by having set proper goals and objectives for the employee. Isn't that your job? To make sure employees know what they need to accomplish?
- If you think performance management = performance appraisal, you NEED this badly.
- ...and how damaging to your employees. We'll walk you through the entire process of dealing with performance problems with one goal: To FIX them, and improve productivity. And we ask for less than 20 minutes of your time.
- Prefer Kindle? Many of our quick read helpcards and also our books on performance management and reviews and how to make them work, are available via Amazon on the KINDLE. Click here to go direct.
- It's 2013, not 1945 and it's time to lose the industrial mindset and use management tools for THIS century. Here's ten steps to improvement.