Is 360 degree feedback the same process as "multi-rater feedback" or multi-rater assessment?
The terms 360 degree feedback, multi-rater feedback, or multi-rater assessment are often used interchangeably. Technically that's not really correct useage.
Multi-rater feedback and multi-rater assessments refer to two things -- the source of the feedback (in this case, from multiple sources, and not just one's manager), AND, the method of feedback, in this case the use of a rating scale.
However, 360 degree feedback does not HAVE to use a rating system, although this if almost always how it is implemented (which is somewhat unfortunate.
So, multi-rater feedback and multi-rater assessments are sub-sets of 360 degree feedback, BUT not all 360 degree feedback is multi-rater feedback.
- Busy? We walk you through the complete process of managing performance, from goal setting to addressing performance problems and discipline issues. Contains ALL our help cards, and here's a sneak peak: Walk the path WITH employees.
- Well, we do. Here's a low cost mini-guide FOR EMPLOYEES so they can be active participants in a truly collaborative performance review.
- Well, you can't, so this short LearnByte guides explains how to identify barriers to employee performance, in order to clear them away. Diagnosing is the key to productivity improvement.
- Ok. Now you can have a reusable checklist so you don't miss any of the critical steps needed to succeed with your employee reviews.
- Save huge amounts of time and frustration during performance review meetings, by having set proper goals and objectives for the employee. Isn't that your job? To make sure employees know what they need to accomplish?
- If you think performance management = performance appraisal, you NEED this badly.
- ...and how damaging to your employees. We'll walk you through the entire process of dealing with performance problems with one goal: To FIX them, and improve productivity. And we ask for less than 20 minutes of your time.
- Prefer Kindle? Many of our quick read helpcards and also our books on performance management and reviews and how to make them work, are available via Amazon on the KINDLE. Click here to go direct.
- It's 2013, not 1945 and it's time to lose the industrial mindset and use management tools for THIS century. Here's ten steps to improvement.