- Busy? We walk you through the complete process of managing performance, from goal setting to addressing performance problems and discipline issues. Contains ALL our help cards, and here's a sneak peak: Walk the path WITH employees.
- Well, we do. Here's a low cost mini-guide FOR EMPLOYEES so they can be active participants in a truly collaborative performance review.
- Well, you can't, so this short LearnByte guides explains how to identify barriers to employee performance, in order to clear them away. Diagnosing is the key to productivity improvement.
- Ok. Now you can have a reusable checklist so you don't miss any of the critical steps needed to succeed with your employee reviews.
- Save huge amounts of time and frustration during performance review meetings, by having set proper goals and objectives for the employee. Isn't that your job? To make sure employees know what they need to accomplish?
- If you think performance management = performance appraisal, you NEED this badly.
- ...and how damaging to your employees. We'll walk you through the entire process of dealing with performance problems with one goal: To FIX them, and improve productivity. And we ask for less than 20 minutes of your time.
- Prefer Kindle? Many of our quick read helpcards and also our books on performance management and reviews and how to make them work, are available via Amazon on the KINDLE. Click here to go direct.
- It's 2013, not 1945 and it's time to lose the industrial mindset and use management tools for THIS century. Here's ten steps to improvement.
Welcome To The Performance Management & Appraisal Help Center
To provide you with the information you need to transform one of the most uncomfortable parts of working life -- the performance appraisal -- into a productive, comfortable and effective tool for improving performance.
Our Site On Performance Management and Appraisal
Over ten years, we have built a reference source -- the largest in the world - that covers all aspects of the performance management process, starting from integrating it into your business strategy, right through to reviewing performance, and then, removing the barriers to effective performance.
There's also help for employees, in addition to advice for managers, executives and human resource professionals.
Our goal is not just to help you SURVIVE employee appraisals, but make them so powerful and effective that you will understand why managing performance is THE essential management tool.
For Managers and Supervisors
You need ways to harness the abilities of employees, while engaging staff. Managing performance is THE way to do it. It's not about appraisals, but about providing meaning and efficiency so you all win.
In a hurry and need to hone your skills at setting goals, conducting the performance review meeting, identifying causes of performance problem or need a checklist of steps? Click here
Makes sure to browse the Frequently Asked Questions about Performance Management here, because you'll probably find the answers you need.
You hate them. You're not sure how to get something out of the review process. It all seems pointless. But it's not. We have advice for you about how to prepare for, and excel during reviews, so YOU can improve your performance, and even enhance your career.
Start with the section on employee questions about the review process.
Your job is to lead, and develop strategy. To allow linking each employee's job to the achievement of the goals of the department, and then the entire organization. So, you need to envision what an effective performance management system looks like. Then lead the way to "make it so".
Consider having Robert come to help you get "aimed" at the prize of having a functioning, effective performance management system. (email for details)
For Human Resource Professionals
It's YOUR job to get the appraisal forms done. Even when managers balk. You're tired of playing the appraisal "Mom" and want to revitalize the performance management system.
Browse Robert Bacal's libary of articles on what makes performance appraisal work, and not work.
Use the menus on the left side to navigate our library (over 1,000 free resources on all aspects of performance, from 360 feedback to employee engagement and diagnosing problems.
In addition to consulting and keynote speaking on the topic, you might want to buy some of our books on the subject -- books that have sold in the hundreds of thousands. All can be purchased via amazon (just click on the title).