What Is Performance Management?
From "Performance Management - A Briefcase Book" by Robert Bacal (McGraw-Hill)
Performance management is an ongoing communication process, undertaken in partnership, between an employee and his or her
immediate supervisor that involves establishing clear expectations and understanding about:
- the essential job functions the employee is expected to do
- how the employee's job contributes to the goals of the organization
- what "doing the job well" means in concrete terms
- how employee and supervisor will work together to sustain, improve, or build on existing employee performance
- how job performance will be measured
- indentifying barriers to performance and removing them
Performance management includes a number of different parts or phases.
We can help you with the various parts of a performance management system with our miniguides on each component.
Instantly downloadable and built to save you time.
There's even help for employees on how to navigate the process.