What Are The Components of A Performance Management System?
Many people mistake performance appraisal for performance management. Actually, performance management is a much bigger system, and is much more valuable to managers and companies (and employees) than performance appraisal. The essential
components or parts of an effective performance management system include:
- Performance Planning (includes employee goal setting / objective setting)
- Ongoing Performance Communication
- Data Gathering, Observation and Documentation
- Performance Appraisal Meetings
- Performance Diagnosis and Coaching