What are standards of performance?
Standards of performance were originally part of Management By Objectives (MBO). They are even more specific and exact as compared to employee goals or employee objectives because, not only do they outline what is expected from the employee, but they also specify how well the employee is to do the job.
Standards of performance (also called performance standards) include a "standard" by which to measure success. For example, a standard of performance for customer service may look something like this:
Increase personal sales by 10% during the coming year, and receive no more than 1 customer complaint per month.
This is probably not a perfectly written standard of performance but you can see that the "no more than 1 complaint per month part is a criterion or standard to be reached.
- Busy? We walk you through the complete process of managing performance, from goal setting to addressing performance problems and discipline issues. Contains ALL our help cards, and here's a sneak peak: Walk the path WITH employees.
- Well, we do. Here's a low cost mini-guide FOR EMPLOYEES so they can be active participants in a truly collaborative performance review.
- Well, you can't, so this short LearnByte guides explains how to identify barriers to employee performance, in order to clear them away. Diagnosing is the key to productivity improvement.
- Ok. Now you can have a reusable checklist so you don't miss any of the critical steps needed to succeed with your employee reviews.
- Save huge amounts of time and frustration during performance review meetings, by having set proper goals and objectives for the employee. Isn't that your job? To make sure employees know what they need to accomplish?
- If you think performance management = performance appraisal, you NEED this badly.
- ...and how damaging to your employees. We'll walk you through the entire process of dealing with performance problems with one goal: To FIX them, and improve productivity. And we ask for less than 20 minutes of your time.
- Prefer Kindle? Many of our quick read helpcards and also our books on performance management and reviews and how to make them work, are available via Amazon on the KINDLE. Click here to go direct.
- It's 2013, not 1945 and it's time to lose the industrial mindset and use management tools for THIS century. Here's ten steps to improvement.